Monday, September 28, 2009

I love downtown! Downtown is my favorite!

Two Saturdays ago I took my nephew to Pershing Square in downtown L.A. to look at a free light and art exhibit. As Gabrielito, my nephew likes to say, "Ooo. I love downtown! Downtown is my favorite!" And I agree with him. There is so much to see and do, and most people don't even know it. Most people think it's dirty, rundown, and overrun with homeless, and though there are those aspects, there are also a million little treasures. There is great architecture, exciting art galleries, performance events, cool tunnels (another aspect my nephew enjoys), and lots of good eateries and drinkeries. That's right, I said drinkeries.

Here are some pix from Gabrielito's and my date downtown for some lights and art. These are caught by both he and I.
Back in the car on the drive home I asked Gabrielito if he liked it, and he said, "Yeah, but where was the art?" Looks like we have a young art critic on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment