Saturday, April 3, 2010

Damn product placement!


I love Modern Family, one the newest family comedies on ABC. Every since it first aired I have excitedly watched every episode, and quoted my favorite moments the next day to whoever will listen. These people make me laugh out loud. I can't decide who is my favorite. Is it the sensitive and fun loving Cam, who can also kick your ass in full clown costume and makeup, or is it Manny the preteen with an old soul? Actually, they are all hilarious. And my favorite part of each episode is the last scene when after all the hijinks and social missteps the family comes together and shows how much they really love each other, and then I ultimately always cry. Why? Perhaps because it reminds me of my own insane family, a crazy and strange mix of people that 90% of the time you want to kill, but 100% of the time I would kill for.

So imagine my disgust when my favorite part of the show, the last heartfelt scene, was turned into a shameless commercial for the ipad. The ipad of all things! That ridiculous gadget that only shows how greedy Apple really is. All I can think is that ol' Stevie boy knows his product is a bust, and is pulling at anything to save his ass. Well not my Modern Family, Stevie! Hands off! You took a beautiful moment of TV sentimentality and turned it into something dirty. You have soiled my happy place, and I do not forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment